Scanning Over-Sized Art
![]() |
| Scanned in two sections and stitched together |
I used an Epson (13 x 19 glass size) to scan this original watercolor at 700 dpi. The actual art is 22 x 15. So I had to scan in two sections.
I've read that all your scans should be oriented in the same direction. That would have been 4 scans (Upper left, lower left, upper right and lower right.) I thought I would try it scanning from the left inward and then from the right inward. I did drape a heavy blanket over the scanner to cut down on any ambient light filtering in from the scan cover. I'm happy with the image.
Then on to Photoshop (I use Elements). It's pretty easy to "erase" part of the overlapping top layer to get a seamless image. Each of these over-sized images that I "stitch" saves me at least $50.00.
Happy painting! -- Shirl
